|April 1, 2021
Notice of Intent to Contract #NOIHL2022-001
Notice is hereby given by the Ministry of Health of our intent to contract with: Coursera
To provide customized online learning to staff, including the development of customized learning pathway using Coursera's platform to access world-class content developed by universities and reputable companies. All course offerings for our staff enable the opportunity for the completion/achievement of bonafide certifications associated with data, analytics, technology, etc. (offerings within the platform).
The total value of the contract is anticipated to not exceed $50,000 (USD) covering the period from April 15, 2021 to April 15, 2022. Cost noted demonstrates 125 licenses, however, upon assessment of the tool, we may increase (possibly double) the volume of licenses to accommodate access to all Ministry staff.
The Ministry of Health believes that this vendor is the only one qualified to provide the services based on the following reasons:
1. Coursera offers a comprehensive content catalogue (4,500 courses, 150,000 lecture videos across 11 skill domains aimed at building career-relevant skills. Also includes 450+ Deep Skilling Specializations, 750+ hands-on guided projects and 20+ professional certifications. All course content is verified by subject matter experts from either a world-class university or a leading company, such as John Hopkins, Yale, Google, IBM, etc. All course materials are also vetted by Coursera's Content Strategy team, and strict content creation standards are enforced for quality of content and delivery.
2. All of Coursera courses and Professional Certification programs offer a certification once the course is completed and the corresponding assessments are passed successfully. These certifications are branded by the institution that created the content which means that when a learner passes a course produced by Google or Duke, for example, they walk away with a corresponding certification from that institution that can be used on resume and LinkedIn profiles to secure employment.
3. Coursera partners with government agencies to build customized training pathways that are aligned with the organizational requirements.
4. Coursera's Data-Science Academy is the only online learning solution designed to develop data science capability--from basic literacy to advanced reskilling--across a large and distributed organization.
5. Coursera is the only platform available that meets the diversity and inclusion needs of the public service. The platform offers training in native or fully translated courses in 19 languages as well as subtitles in 46 languages. Our largest non-English offerings include Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, French, Korean, and Portuguese.
6. Coursera for Government includes a powerful administrator platform that allows government organizations to effectively manage a large learning program. Development Dashboard which documents and tracks what skills are being developed by individuals across the state based on the courses they take and how well they do on the course assessments.
Vendors wishing to object to this decision should contact Michelle Perren, Ministry of Health, by email at Michelle.Perren@gov.bc.ca on or before 2:00 p.m. local time on April 12, 2021, presenting specific reasons for their objection. Vendor ability to offer the same level of service at a lower cost in the same time frame will be the key criterion with regard to the consideration of vendor objections.