Request for Bids
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
Name of Project: Botswana Emergency Water Security and Efficiency Projects
Contract Title: Supply and delivery of assorted equipment for Department of Water and Sanitation Lots 1 to 8
RFB Reference No.: MLWS/DWS/0010/02122020
1. The Botswana Government has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Botswana Emergency Water Security and Efficiency projects, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for the Supply and delivery of assorted equipment for Department of Water and Sanitation Lots 1 to 8.
2. The Department of Water and Sanitation now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the Supply and delivery of assorted equipment for Department of Water and Sanitation Lots 1 to 8.
- Lot 1: Supply and delivery of two (2) units of Magnetometer and their accessories
- Lot 2: Supply, delivery and commissioning of twenty (20) electric dippers
- Lot 3: Supply and delivery of Transient Electromagnetic (TEM) System and accessories
- Lot 4: Supply, delivery and configuration of two (2) sets of 2-way radios and five (5) units of Satellite Phones and their accessories
- Lot 5: Supply and Delivery of twenty (25) Handheld GPS units and their accessories.
- Lot 6: Supply and delivery of 1 x Portable Borehole Camera
- Lot 7: Supply and delivery of 1 x Vehicle Mounted Borehole Camera
- Lot 8: Supply and delivery of Rugged multi parameter water quality meter
The delivery period is 90 days after the signing of the contract.
3. Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Department of Water and Sanitation, Gilbert Gwati, email: email@example.com; Sydney Ntshole, email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
5. The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested Bidders upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of P1000.00. The method of payment will be direct deposit in favor of Government of Botswana. The document will be collected at the Department of Water and Sanitation upon payment of the non-refundable fee.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 15th January 2021. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 15th January 2021
7. All Bids must be accompanied by a “Bid-Securing Declaration,” as appropriate.
8. The address (es) referred to above are:
Inspection of bid documents and collection at:
Physical address: Old Lobatse Road, Plot 25019 Gaborone, Botswana.
Block A, First floor, office No 225
Postal address: Department of Water and Sanitation, Private bag 0029, Gaborone Botswana
Sealed bid shall be delivered to:
Ministry of Land Management, Water and Sanitation Services, Debswana House, Ground Floor Reception Area, East Wing, Main Mall, Private Bag 00434, Gaborone, Botswana