NATIONAL WATER HARVESTING & STORAGE AUTHORITY
CONSTRUCTION OF SOIN - KORU MULTIPURPOSE DAM WATER PROJECT - LOT 1 (DAM COMPONENT)
1. National Water Harvesting and Storage Authority (NWHSA) is a State Authority under the Ministry of Water, Sanitation & Irrigation of the Republic of Kenya and established under Section 30 of the Water Act 2016. NWHSA invites eligible bidders to submit sealed bids for provision of the aforementioned works.
2. Soin-Koru Dam is a multipurpose dam project that will reduce flooding problem on lower reaches of River Nyando. It will also supply water for domestic, irrigation and hydropower generation. The dam is proposed to be a zoned rock fill dam with an impermeable clay core and water storage capacity of 93.7Million cubic meters. The dam will provide 72,000m3/day of water for domestic and institutional use and generate 2.5MW hydropower.
3. This project is funded by the Government of Kenya. The Government Taxes).
4. A complete set of tender documents can be downloaded from our website at http://www.waterauthority.go.ke. (Go to Downloads then click on Tender Documents and select the document of interest) or at http://www.tenders.go.ke for free of charge. Bidders who download the tender document must forward their particulars (including name of bidder(s), postal & physical address and official email address), immediately to [email protected] for record and communication of any tender clarifications and addenda;
5. Prices quoted should include all taxes, shall be in Kenya Shillings (Kshs.) and shall remain valid for 120 days from the closing date of the tender;
6. Completed tender documents are to be enclosed in plain sealed envelopes marked with tender reference number and be deposited in the render Box 1 or 2 at NWHSA’s 4th Floor Reception or be addressed to the
Chief Executive Officer
P.O. Box 30173-00100
7. So as to be received on or before 18th September, 2020 at 9.30 a.m.;
8. Tenders must be accompanied by a Tender Security of kes.200 million (Two hundred million Kenya Shillings), from a reputable bank approved by the Central Bank of Kenya;
9. The returned bids will be opened on 18th September 2020 at 9 .30 a.m. in the presence of the candidates or their representatives who choose to attend at the NWHSA Amphitheatre;
10. All clarifications and addenda to the above tender shall be uploaded to the NWHSA website: http://www.waterauthority. Access to the uploaded documents shall be as explained in 1.1 above;
11. Foreign bidders participating in this tender shall be required to provide a written commitment on company letterhead and signed by the person with the Power of Attorney that if successfully awarded, they shall source at least 40% of their supplies from Kenyan citizen contractors prior to submitting their bid. The same shall be provided through the email [email protected] (This shall form part of the contract.);
12. Bidders who quote above the Budget Estimate shall be declared to be non-responsive.
CS. Sharon Obonyo
Ag. CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Not yet subscibed? Subscribe for daily tender notifications.